Cranberry & Walnut Brownies
Grab an apron and get baking these easy recipes from The Little Mill with the children. From toddlers to teenagers, children love to help weighing, mixing, and of course, tucking into the results!
For beginners or those short on time, try The Little Mill’s brilliant Chocolate Brownie Mix and have fun adding different flavours or make fabulous bread using The Little Mill’s Irish Soda Bread Mix and top with cheese for a speedy, tasty lunch.
For the more confident cook, the recipes below for wholemeal scones and seeded muffins are guaranteed to please!
Virtually all of The Little Mill’s mixes and flours used to create these tasty bakes include wheat grown locally from Irish farmers, all of which are near the mill on the banks of the River Nore in Kilkenny.
The Little Mill Mixes (Scone, Brownie and Irish Soda Bread) and Plain Wholemeal Flour are available from selected Dunnes and SuperValu stores or online at www.thelittlemill.ie/shop
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 18-20 minutes
Makes: 15 Brownies
- The Little Mill Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 50g/2oz soft butter
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 130ml/4.5fl. oz. milk
- Turn your oven on to 160°C/320°F/Gas mark 2.5 and lightly grease your 9”/22.5cm square tin with butter.
- Empty the contents of the packet into your mixing bowl and gently rub in the butter with your fingers. Add the cranberries, walnuts and then milk. Beat with the wooden spoon to form a thick chocolate mixture.
- Empty the batter into the greased tin and spread evenly with the wooden spoon. Sprinkle a few extra cranberries and chopped walnuts over the top.
- Place the tin in your preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, 18 minutes if you like them fudgy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before cutting into even portions. Serve when completely cool.