- 6 large pears
- 200g/7oz sugar
- 1glass white wine 600ml/1pt water
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- I orange cut into wedges
- 350g/12oz Cashel blue
- about 20 walnuts
- 150g/5oz rocket
- In a large place the sugar, lemon & orange wedges, water and white wine.
- Peel the pears carefully and drop into the pot of sweetened liquid
- Bring the mixture slowly to the boil and simmer for 25-30 mins or soft to touch.
- Allow to cool in the liquid.
- When the pears are cold take a sharp knife and remove the core from the base. Slice down into the pear in an attempt to fan the pear.
- Divide the rocket between 6 serving plates. Fan or slice the pears onto the rocket and add some chunks of Cashel blue and walnuts around the sides of the pear . Drizzle some of the cooled syrup to dress the rocket.
- Crack some black pepper across the pear and serve with a sprig of parsley